Proofreader Plus Correspondence Course
£149.00 – £185.00
Become a freelance proofreader and earn up to £22 an hour
PROOFREADING CORRESPONDENCE COURSE
May discounts: save £111 on correspondence course fees. Price reduced from £260 to just £149 (UK). *
Constantly revised and updated.
Some freelancers stick to proofreading – this is the course for them. The Chapterhouse Proofreading Correspondence Course has two volumes of detailed notes, exercises and assessments.
With full tutor support throughout, you can learn the skills of proofreading from scratch. Beginners and more experienced proofreaders will benefit alike from our thorough, step-by-step approach.
Two marked assessments are included in the course, and are marked by our experienced tutors and returned to you with feedback and a model answer for you to check your work against.
You can take the course at your own pace. Some students complete the course in a few weeks, while others take up to a year. It’s ideal for busy people who have other commitments. After the course, you can come to us for help and advice about freelance proofreading for up to two years. We’ll even help with your CV!
Successful students are awarded the Chapterhouse Certificate of Competence in Proofreading.
- How book publishing works and how you could be part of it as a freelance proofreader.
- The art of proofreading – essential knowledge from specialists. How, and when, to make changes.
- The proofreading symbols and how to use them – secrets and tips from our experts on spotting and marking errors.
- How to find work with non-publishers – a huge growth market for freelance proofreaders.
- Two major proofreading assessments fully marked by your tutor.
- Lots of proofreading practice exercises for self-assessment, with model answers to work through at your own speed.
- Full tutor support during the course and for two years after you’ve completed your marked assessments. We’ll help with marketing advice, including with writing your CV.
- Brush up on your English with our special grammar and punctuation module.
- Full marketing support to get you started on your new career, including how to use proofreading outside the world of publishing.
- In a hurry? You could be qualified and earning money in just six weeks – or up to a year if you want to take your time.
MEET A CHAPTERHOUSE STUDENT
Kenneth McCubbin, 77, Buckinghamshire
What’s your background? After grammar school and national service, I taught maths and statistics. Then I switched careers and worked in marketing for IBM until I retired a few years ago. Why a Chapterhouse proofreading course? I recently proofread my son’s book. I really enjoyed it and want to do more on a professional basis, and keep me off the streets at the same time! I didn’t want to stay in London so I’m doing it by correspondence. So far, I have enjoyed it all. Learning the proper signs is quite fun. Some of them are a bit Greek-like though! Any advice for someone thinking about the course? Do it. It’s fun, and you’ll expand your knowledge base. You’ll also be able to dine out for free on what you learn!